“The pressure of the hands causes the springs of life to flow.”
― Tokujiro Namikoshi
Experienced and Committed
We are now affiliated with massage therapist Nancy Hess, whose office is right next to ours. Nancy works with all types of clients, but focuses on helping people manage pain and cope with stress in their lives, increasing their ability to feel comfortable, calm, and relaxed. She strives to make her sessions about relationship and working together to reach optimal health and contentment.
Why Get a Massage?
Therapeutic touch can have a powerful impact on physical and psychological health. Massage helps to reduce acute and chronic pain while eliciting an overall relaxation response.
Release of tension helps clear the way for greater emotional balance, coping strength, and overall health. People perform better and deal with stress more effectively when their nervous system has been calmed down to a more alert, relaxed state.
Finally, the healing effects of touch have been documented throughout all eras and cultures. How many of us receive enough caring, non-intrusive, no-strings-attached touch in our busy and sometimes overwhelming lives?
Matching the Style to Your Need
Nancy works with you to design each session according to your needs on that day. She may use a combination of techniques, including deep tissue work, neuromuscular therapy, myofascial massage, trigger point therapy, and movement education. Each session may also include overall relaxation/Swedish massage. She has experience working with all types and ages of clients.
- Licensed, State of Illinois
- Member, American Massage Therapy Association
- Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- 1994 Graduate, Chicago School of Massage Therapy
- Precision Neuromuscular Therapy
- Arthrossage (for arthritis)
- Massage for the Childbearing Year
- Myofascial Release Techniques
- Tendonitis & Common Injuries
- TMJ Pain & Dysfunction
- On-Site (Chair) Massage
- Professional Ethics
- AltCare Health Center, chiropractor-owned multi-disciplinary practice
- Partners in WomenCare, OB/Gyn practice affiliated with Evanston Hospital
- Strong Spirit Wellness Center, affiliated with Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Koki International Salon
- Private Practice
- Intern Experience
- AIDS Alternative Health Project (outpatient)
- Deauville Nursing Health Care Center (seniors)
- Thorek Hospital (infants)